Spinach Chicken Lasagna
My mom introduced me to this delicious chicken lasagna. My girlfriend and I love it. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles cooked
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic, flour and salt. Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat when bubbly.
- Stir in the half and half and chicken stock. Return to heat and bring to a boil. boil for one minute stirring constantly.
- Add the mozzarella chees, half the parmesean cheese and the onion. Reduce heat to low and cook until cheeses melt, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture in a 9x13 baking dish. Layer 3 or 4 noodles, half the ricotta cheese, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, another 3 or 4 noodles and the remaining ricotta cheese over the first cheese layer.
- Layer the chicken, spinach, 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the second cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining half cup parmesean cheese.
- Bake, covered tightly with foil at 350 degrees ferenhiete for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven heat and let stand in the oven for 15 minutes, and then remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.