I find that a small spoon works great for hollowing out the mushrooms. Also, for a less fat version use turkey bacon and less fat cream cheese.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 8 oz. package of baby bella mushrooms.
- 1 container of chive flavored cream cheese
- fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in skillet. Place on paper towel and set aside to let cool.
- Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Carefully hollow out the stems of the mushrooms.
- In food processor or mixer soften the cream cheese. Fold in most of the bacon.
- Leave a few crumbles to sprinkle on top before you bake.
- Pipe or carefully stuff the cream cheese mixture in the hollowed up mushrooms.
- Place on baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining bacon crumbs on top.
- Place in oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- While baking finely chop the chives.
- Sprinkle to taste the chives over mushrooms when they come out of the oven.