Nanny's bread dressing
- 10-12 refrigerated canned biscuits (baked)
- Package of yellow corn bread prepared
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped celery tops
- 1 tbs sage
- 1 tbs poultry seasoning
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 5-6 eggs
- Break bread into small pieces in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a sauce pan. Bring to boil. Cook until vegetables are tender. About 10 minutes.
- Pour over broken bread and toss to mix.
- If not as moist as you would like add more broth.
- Let cool.
- Add eggs mixing lightly.
- In greased baking pan bake at 300 for 45 minutes.
- For moister dressing pile high in the pan.